CARP LESS AGAIN......

Weekend before last i managed to blag a nights fishing on my syndicate lake as i,d been a good boy and the missus gave me the green light to go. Before she could change her mind i had my gear in the truck and was rumbling my way along the back roads towards the lake on the saturday afternoon, with plans to fish the night and best part of sunday. Weather was bright with patchy clouds and forecast to turn windy and unsettled. Just the way i like it.

Eventually after a walk round the lake and a chat with a couple of members i opted to fish a nice comfortable point swim which looks across a lot of water as well as a nice bay area to my right. Up with the carbon compact, gear arranged inside, kettle on, and i was ready to start a nice gentle, methodical set up of the rods. I,d already spent a bit of time locating areas in this swim and had spombed some boilies out on one spot, particles on another, and my third rod was going to be just using an oily stick mix. Stick mix was the first to be cast out 80 yds or so to a clear area near some reeds. Then the rod over the particles was flipped out 10yds up the margin on a lovely gravel area amongst some weed. Finally a balanced boilie was cast out over my spombed bed of boilies around 50yds out in a deep gulley type area. Being satisfied with the rods i plonked myself down and awaited the action.

Well it didn,t come...The only time the delkim sounded was when a bloody swan swam through my line, theres dozens of them here. I suppose the fact that the other lads didn,t catch either is a bit of a consolation i guess. I don,t know what it is but carp are my bogey fish. They,re meant to be easy to catch but i don,t seem to have much luck. Mind you i,m not actually that bothered as catching them doesn,t exactly light my fire, i only really fish for them to get my fishing fix during the summer while i wait for the winter pike fishing to come around again. Which is really really soon.............................

I suppose the best thing about this trip was that i cut it short and left for home about mid day as the weather reports were for rain. I drove 5 minutes away from the lake and it absolutely heaved it down with rain for the rest of the afternoon and through out the evening. Missed it, resuulltt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'RAYS' OF SUNSHINE

SELLING MY BOAT

SMALL RIVER ROVING