FISHIES......

On my way to do an overnighter on my syndicate this week i made a pitstop at a small river located  en-route. My aim was to have a wee chuck around with the micro lures for a perch or maybe a chub if  my luck was in. Well i didn't catch anything, my excuse is that it was too hot and too sunny,  but enjoyed a couple of hours stalking along the banks of the crystal clear water and spying on anything resembling a fish. I did have a few follows from micro chub and small perch but no actual takers. I wasn't,t bothered though as i had a great time just watching the fish hold in the flow, before darting for cover as i peered closer.
CHUBLETS HOLDING STATION IN THE FLOW
 A large part of the river seemed totally devoid of fish where as other parts were teaming with roach and chublets. I did find a couple of nice size chub, around the 3lb mark i reckon, but didn't manage to get a picture of them. I also watched what i thought was a near double figure carp slowly drifting in and out of some streamer weed until it came closer and i realised it was a huge bream. The only one i saw, a right old 'Billy No Mates'.



CANADA GEESE
The stretch i was walking runs alongside a golf course and considering the amount of golfers walking around the amount of wildlife going about its business was astounding. There was a couple of Buzzards constantly circling a small copse of trees as well as 2, i,m pretty sure they were different birds, kestrels hunting over the bushes and scrub on the opposite bank. A kingfisher was regularly heard, and seen, flashing up and down the river and there was a couple families of canada geese drifting along with the flow. I spend so much time marvelling at these sights that i forget to try and take pictures of what i,m looking at.

ROACH/BREAM FRY
Later in the afternoon i arrived at my syndicate and couldn' believe how many roach/bream fry there was hiding around the marginal weeds. The picture doesn't do justice as to how many there actually was, thousands of the wee things i reckon. Hopefully a good percentage will survive  to bolster the, already increasing, fish stocks.
I love being an angler, you get to see sights that the 'average Joe' doesn't get  to witness....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'RAYS' OF SUNSHINE

SELLING MY BOAT

SMALL RIVER ROVING