So since last posting on here I havn,t had a lot of time to do much fishing really. I,ve spent a lot of my free time building, modifying and writing content for my countryside/outdoors based website/blog, give it a view and see what you think as I,d love your feedback BRYANS COUNTRYSIDE, I,m pretty proud of what I,ve built to be quite honest with you. Its surprising how much time it takes to write a half decent post though, let alone the time it takes to edit the multitude of photos that I take whilst out and about on my adventures. I do enjoy doing it all though and hopefully I can keep growing the site.

Anyways back to the limited fishing I have actually done. As soon as Boris allowed us to fish overnight I was camped up on the Big Water for a couple of nights in pursuit of its carpy residents. In short I didn't even manage to land a bream let alone a carp even though the first night saw lots of small lifts and knocks showing on my alarms. I'm never disheartened if I blank on this water as its just such a wonderful place to spend some time. I did have a good plot around the swim, I say swim as the area I could fish was huge, and found a few sexy looking areas which will be worth fishing again at some point. I always try and map out in detail everywhere I fish here, and note it down for later use, as every little piece of information helps to track down its residents in 350 acres of water. The swim I was in is regularly fished by those after carp as it has a huge set of snaggy bushes on one side, at distance, which scream carp. But with a bit of time and effort, and a tip off from a mate, I found a nice stream bed runs across the swim at range and this gives a bit more depth and the only feature in an otherwise featureless area of lake bed. I fished 2 rods in it, and the other by the snags, and as mentioned had no joy but I will definitely be fishing that area again.

 


On one sunny afternoon I decided to grab my float fishing gear and have a little dangle at a local day ticket water. Armed with pellets and corn as bait I settled down into a nice comfy swim, which I,ve fished before, and set about trying to catch a tench. Now although we'd had quite warm weather for a week of so beforehand the water temperature was a lot cooler than I thought it would be, probably because of the low night time temperatures I guess. Fishing sweetcorn over a small sprinkling of hemp and micro pellets I was hopeful of pulling something into my swim but after a few hours effort all I managed was a couple of quick dips on the float. Apparently a couple of tench had been caught on the opposite bank, originally where I wanted to fish, by carp anglers, but that was earlier on in the day.  As the afternoon drew on the temperature started to drop considerably and the wind picked up so I 'bottled it' and packed my gear away and sulked of home. An enjoyable few hours none the less even if this brute of a swan kept pissing me off trying to grab the bait from under my chair.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'RAYS' OF SUNSHINE

SELLING MY BOAT

SMALL RIVER ROVING