LATEST UPDATE

Well I,ve actually managed to have a bit of fishing lately as she who must be obeyed has been dragging me to  the weddings of various friends and I have been grumbling at how little time i,ve had to go fishing. In the end I think I actually pissed her off so much that she told me to shut the f*** up and go for the weekend . I didn,t need telling twice and I was off like a shot to my secret squirrel syndicate water.

When I arrived all the swims I fancied where occupied so I opted to fish the deeper water as there had been a few out from that area the previous week. After setting up camp in my chosen swim I found that there wasn,t actually much weed here, unlike the rest of the lake which is top to bottom with eel grass. Out went a couple of dozen spombs full of particle to a nice gravel area 10ft out from some reeds and two rods were dropped in the area. One on fake corn and the other on a snowman. The third rod was launched as far as I could towards the island on a chod rig.

I,m not going to bore you with mindless details i,ll just come out with it. I BLANKED!!!!!

I had one run on the distance rod which resulted in me hooking something which thumped like a goodun then flat rodded me before straightening my hook. Other than that it was a nice pleasant relaxing weekend but no fish caught...

The best thing about the weekend was the dinner iIcooked saturday night, chicken cooked in a creamy pepper sauce with mushrooms. Now that was dining in style.
It was even better than the left over roast pork and roast potatoes that I had a couple of weeks previously on the bank.


I have now decided that rather than just eating quick and easy food like sausages, bacon etc, I will endeavor to cook proper tasty grub. It might mean taking a little more cooking kit but i,m sure it will be worth it. I,ll keep you informed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'RAYS' OF SUNSHINE

SELLING MY BOAT

SMALL RIVER ROVING