END OF SEASON ATTEMPT................

FAIIIILLLLLLLL.............................

A couple of weeks ago in my infinite wisdom i decided to pack up my predator kit and head of to the local river in an attempt to bag myself a couple of pike and maybe a perch or two. The area i wanted to try was one i hadn,t fished before and it was a long hard slog through some slippery mud covered pathways along the river bank before i got to the actual spot i wanted to fish. It didn,t look that long a walk from the roadside but i certainly felt the burn in my legs and the thumping in my chest when i arrived at my swim. Before i set of from home the skys were just a little overcast, perfect for predator dangling, but when i starting to set up my kit the skies darkened and it started to rain. Great i thought as i hadn,t brought a brolly.


Tackle all sorted and i had a nice sardine cast to just below a far bank tree and i also had a feeder rod set up with the idea of fishing mashed bread and flake in the hope of winkling out a resident chub or possibly a few roach. The water was pretty dirty as there had been some rain the previous night and it was also pushing through quite hard, but i was fishing in a slacker are so i was hoping that the resident fish might have moved into this stretch to get away from the flow. After a few hours with not so much of a rattle it was obvious they weren,t around.

Due to the lack of action i opted to set up my light weight lure rod and preceded to cast a small Kopyto shad around the river. After a dozen or so casts i had a hit from what i hoped was a hard fighting perch, but it turned out to be a small pikelet.

I cast that lure, and others, all over the river and didn,t have so much as another knock, so cold wet and a little disappointed i trudged back through the mud to the van and home for a nice hot meal...........
Only a little pike to show for my efforts but at least i didn,t blank, and even though i was cold and wet i did enjoy myself.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'RAYS' OF SUNSHINE

SELLING MY BOAT

SMALL RIVER ROVING