TALE OF TWO THREES

Ryan and I had planned this little trip for the past week to fish our favourite area on the River Blackwater at Maldon. Bait was caught at first light and of we set to try and tempt some of the big perch which reside in this stretch of the river.
I opted to fish with the small livebaits and Ryan went for lobworms. My first chuck cast between two boats resulted in my float disappearing within 2 minutes of hitting the water. After a cracking scrap Ryan slid the net under a lovely old warrior perch weighing 3lb 9oz.

 Photos were taken and he was slid back a little further up the bank to resume its tyrade over the silver fish.
Under normal situations i would of carried on fishing the same swim but decided to let Ryan fish in my place as he,s been struggling with the perch lately. Within 15 mins he had managed 2 more perch to a pb of 2lb 15oz, to say he was over the moon would be an understatement.
We bounced in and out of a couple more swims with me managing a small 3lb jack for our effort until we dropped in one of my favourite swims. This is where i had 2 3lbers, including my pb of 3lb 14oz, last year.
In next to no time Ryan had another 2lber which was followed in by an even bigger perch. I fished close by and eventually had another perch of spot on 3lb.

 I was a happy bunny. Pictures taken, fish returned and we packed as the sun was bright now and that always kills the sport here.
I opted to stay on an hour or so longer walking the river with my pike gear but didn,t even get a knock on my floatfished deadbaits.

Popular posts from this blog

'RAYS' OF SUNSHINE

SMALL RIVER ROVING